Making Calls While You Wait for Registration Completion
If you already have applied and are waiting for services to begin, please remember to first dial the telephone company's access code when you want to use the telephone company/companies that you selected in your application. This dialing procedure is only necessary until your MYLINE services start. Thank you for your cooperation.
You can keep on using the phone and other equipment you currently use.
- Watch out for scams! Operators of scams defraud people. They try to sell new phones by telling you that you can no longer use your current phones, ACR, and adapters because of the introduction of these services.
- You won't need any construction or extra installation work performed to use these services. Be alert for scams!
- When you dial a prefix such as "010," which indicates an international call, "122," which cancels MYLINE PLUS, or "00XY," which is a telephone company's access code, before the telephone number you're calling, certain functions (such as restrictions on outgoing calls and billing management) may not operate normally during that call, depending on the type and settings of your telephone/communications equipment. This is why you should carefully check the type and settings of your telephone equipment. For more information, please contact the store where you purchased the equipment or the manufacturer (or the company that handles its maintenance).
To Internet Users:
Registering with MYLINE or MYLINE PLUS may, in some cases, require changes to your Internet connection settings. For details, please contact your telephone company or ISP (Internet Service Provider).
MYLINE services are not for cellular phones, PHS and other mobile phones, or public phones.
Local and in-prefecture long-distance calls on public phones are placed via the connections of NTT East or NTT West; out-of-prefecture long-distance calls are placed via NTT Communications.
||Local and in-prefecture long-distance calls»»» NTT East / NTT West
|Out-of-prefecture long-distance calls»»» NTT Communications
International calls from cellular phones, PHS and other mobile phones as well as from public phones should be dialed in the following order; Telephone company's access code + 010 + Country code + Area code + Telephone number.
These services also do not apply to Free Dial /Toll-free(0120), Dial Q2 (0990), Navi Dial (0570), Sharp Dial (#ABCD), 117, 110, 119, 177 (only in cases to hear weather forecasts without dialing a long-distance number), and pink public payphones.
Please note that people who use CATV phones can not register with MYLINE or MYLINE PLUS.
IF YOU USE A DISCOUNT SERVICE
If your registration with MYLINE or MYLINE PLUS results in a change in the company/companies you use for telephoning, please pay special attention to the following points.
- After changing your telephone company, you may be unable to use some of the credit card-billed discount services that you used before changing telephone companies.
- If you change your telephone company but do not cancel your service contract with a flat-rate discount service, you will continue to be billed monthly for the flat-rate discount service.
- If you use an Internet-based discount service, you will need to set the access code of the discount service provider on your PC, etc.
- When canceling your contract with a discount service, you will need to notify your telephone company separately about the cancellation besides making an application to MYLINE or MYLINE PLUS.
* Please contact your telephone company for more information.
What to Do until the Confirmation Postcard Arrives
- For the time being, please dial your chosen telephone company's access code before the rest of the telephone number, until the postcard arrives from the MYLINE Center to confirm that your registration processing has been completed.
Things You Should Keep in Mind
For people who use phones equipped with ACR and other special functions.
Below is what will happen when you use a phone that selects the telephone company by ACR or similar functions.
If you use MYLINE...
Then ACR will have priority in selecting the telephone company over your registered telephone company.
|Calls made via MYLINE automatically give priority to telephone company selection
by ACR and similar functions.
If you use MYLINE PLUS...
Then your phone will automatically give priority to your registered telephone company.
|MYLINE PLUS automatically gives priority to the telephone company you've registered.
With MYLINE PLUS, you may not be able to continue using ACR and similar functions. Please contact your telephone company if you have questions about ACR.
Voice Prompt You May Hear When You Use MYLINE PLUS
When you use MYLINE PLUS and directly dial the access code of a telephone company that you haven't registered or you let ACR select a telephone company you haven't registered, you'll be notified in the following ways that you are being connected to the telephone company that you've registered.
1) Customers who use an ordinary subscriber phone will be notified by voice prompts of the telephone company to which they are connected.
2) Customers who use ISDN (voice, 3.1 kHz audio) may hear a voice prompt with information about the telephone company they are connected to in addition to seeing the access code of the telephone company they are connected to displayed on the screen of their telephone equipment.
3) Customers who use ISDN (64 kb/s asynchronous digital) will see a display showing the access code of the telephone company they've been connected to.
- In some cases, you may NOT hear a voice prompt or see the telephone company's access code on a diplay, or it may be difficult to hear the beginning of the voice prompt. What you hear or see will depend on the telephone equipment you use. In any case, there is nothing wrong with your telephone equipment or line.
- You can keep on using your current telephone equipment without any change.
- Beginning in May 2002, customers will hear audio guidance instead of the series of short beeps mentioned above, no matter which telephone company they connect to.
- If you want to temporarily cancel MYLINE PLUS by dialing the temporary cancellation number (122) and at the same time want to switch Caller ID on or off (dial no.186 or 184 to either display the caller's number or switch caller's ID on or off), dial the following sequence; 186 (or) 184 + 122 + the telephone company's access code.
- Customers who have not registered with MYLINE PLUS do not need to dial “122”. If you do dial “122”, you'll hear a voice message saying that you won't need to dial that number the next time.